Sunday, June 1, 2008

Farewell To A Friend

Sweet musk of decaying foliage,
Frigid air's sobering sting,
Sun, bears down... devoid of comfort.

Wisps, envelope the huddled few,
Soon, swept away
By Winter's gentlest Breath.

Hickory from a distant hearth,
Warms, with pangs of memories...
Preempting ceremony.....

We stand alone....


I and a few more,
Determined sentinals,
Cojoined in our stead...

To watch you laid securely
By a man, in blue denim and flannel,
Who knew you not,
Yet, gently tucks you in...


Farewell, my friend.

2 comments:

Moma Rhodes said...

I love this Kurt!!!! Really great writing!

Kurt said...

Thank you my friend,
I was afraid to expose this side of me on the blogg...
But then, I just poured myself over the keyboards, and this is what came out... as is often the case with what I write...
This was a mountaintop burial... and a good friend.
Thanks for reading... I love ya...
K