Monday, March 31, 2008

Turkey Legs...they're not just for breakfast anymore!!

I went to the Hendersonville Apple Festival about three years ago for the first time! My family and I observed several people walking around with these huge, oversized drumsticks and then we saw the vendor trailor..."TURKEY LEGS" along w/ FUNNEL CAKES, and POPCORN....

Lord, I thought, I never saw that before...must be a mountain thang. Anyway, i kept on thinking that until I recently took a vacation to Universal Studios in Florida, again my family and i observed people walkin around with these huge, oversized drumsticks. My eldest son spoke up and said, "I think i'd like to try one of those!"so we walked across the faux Hollywood Set Street only to find they were charging ...are ya ready...$8 bucks for TURKEY LEGS. (QRML) Oh, people were still buying them anyway....you could smell the wonderful aroma in the air even just standing by someone enjoying one of these mysterious and tempting treats....but i thought...$8 bucks...my son said "nevermind"and i said " i ain't that hungry." Well, to make a long story short, 2 days later at Sea World, my family and I, after checking out all the shows, rides, and big fish tricks we could stand, strolled across the bridge to head out of the park. It was a beautiful sunny day and as we neared the exit, a familiar aroma tickled our noses and summoned us to turn toward a friendly lady in a small mobile unit with Coke products. As we considered purchasing some refreshment to wet our whistle, we saw them....TURKEY LEGS!! I, just for laughs, asked, "how much?" The kind woman smiled and said $4 each...."Really we all replied" I looked at my children, and looked at the lady with a smile and said happily...."We'll take 2!!"

I will say that TURKEY LEGS , 2 of them will feed a family of five. They were so delicious and if you have never had one for breakfast, lunch or otherwise, the next time you have about three people (at least) get you one!!

Never tried 'em or have you....let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Welcome to my Utopia... K